Google+ All that Fascination: Disappointing product #1: Benefit They're are Real Mascara

martedì 11 marzo 2014

Disappointing product #1: Benefit They're are Real Mascara




Mascara is the kind of product that can really improve your look, being able to open up your eyes and to intensify your eye look. There are mascaras for every need: volumizing mascaras, lenghtening mascaras, curling mascaras, mascaras that give a more natural look, mascaras that separate your lashes, etc.
What I usually search for is a volumizing mascara, since my lashes are quite long on their own, and my all time favourite is the Diorshow Extase. Despite that, sometimes I like to try something different and test new products. The one I’ve decided to try after all the positive reviwes I’ve read on the internet, is They’re Real from Benefit (€ 24,90). This seems to be the kind of product that you can either love or hate and that is what mostly intrigued me and the reason why I bought it. First of all, what is it? This is what the Sephora site says:

“A jet-black mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts, and separates lashes for a spectacular "out-to-here" look.”

I had a lot of expectations about this product, but, as the title of the post suggests, I was very disappointed. It is a volumizing mascara, I agree with that, but it’s not lenghtening at all. As I’ve said above, I already have quite long lashes, so this is not a problem form me, even if, when I pay for a product that claims to give lenght to my lashes, I expet it to do exactly what it says. Moreover, it doesn’t curl, lift or separate my lashes at all and it gives them a clumpy and spidery look. To top it all, it’s very difficult to remove and it started making me loose some lashes.
I’m  not saying that it is the worst mascara in the world, it does give volume to my lashes, but I think that there are drugstore mascaras that cost half the prize and give the same result.
I won’t buy it again!
Have you ever tried it? What do you think?
Fede


Il mascara è quel genere di prodotto che è in grado da solo di migliorare il nostro look, aprendo ed intensificando lo sguardo con un minimo sforzo. Esistono mascara rivolti a soddisfare ogni tipo di necessità: mascara volumizzanti, allunganti, incurvanti, mascara che donano un effetto naturale, mascara che separano le ciglia, ecc.
Personalmente, quello che cerco in un mascara è la capacità di donare volume, avendo ciglia che, pur essendo chiare, sono comunque abbastanza lunghe naturalmente. Il mio mascara preferito è il Diorshow Extase, ma tendo spesso ad abbandonarlo per sperimentare prodotti diversi. In particolare, quello che ho deciso di acquistare dopo le numerose recensioni positive che ho letto, è They’re Real di Benefit (€ 24,90). Questo mascara sembra essere il classico prodotto che si ama o si odia e probabilmente è proprio questo ad avermi incuriosito maggiormente.
Prima di tutto, di cosa si tratta. Riporto quanto affermato sul sito di Sephora:

“Il mascara da non credere ai propri occhi! Questo innovativo prodotto allunga, volumizza e incurva le ciglia per uno sguardo spettacolare! La sua formula nera glossy a lunga tenuta non cola, non sbava e non si secca… per ciglia impeccabili tutta la giornata!”

Avevo molte aspettative dopo aver letto quanto sopra riportato, ma, come avrete capito dal titolo del post, sono rimasta decisamente delusa.
Sono d’accordo sul fatto che sia un mascara volumizzante, perché senza dubbio è in grado di donare molto volume alle mie ciglia, ma non lo trovo affatto allungante. Come ho detto prima, questo non sarebbe di per sé un problema, avendo ciglia già abbastanza lunghe; il problema risiede nel fatto che, nel momento in cui pago per un prodotto che si propone di donare un effetto allungante, mi aspetto che faccia esattamente quanto promesso. Trovo, inoltre, che non sia per nulla incurvante e che lasci le ciglia incollate tra loro e non ben definite. Infine, è davvero molto difficile da togliere, tanto che spesso mi sono ritrovata a perdere qualche ciglia nel tentativo di struccarmi. Non lo ricomprerò!
Voi l’avete mai provato? Cosa ne pensate?
Fede



 

2 commenti:

  1. ohh gosh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's not overly wowed by this product. It definitely needs a few coats to even volume my lashes and does give a spidery look to it. You're right, there are drugstore products who can do the same job as this and maybe even better.

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.youtube.com/marieljanina

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. At the beginning I thought I was applying it in the wrong way, most people seem to like it! But then I realized it just doesn't work for me! I'm happy to know I'm not the only one! ;-)

      Elimina